During book week, we have been writing adventure stories based on The Red Book, a picture book with a twist by Barbara Lehman. We used this picture from the book as a stimulus to write what happened next.
The children have worked particularly hard on editing and improving their writing and are proud of their published stories.
In Maths, we have been doubling up to 20. We have also been using our number facts to add and subtract teen numbers; for example, if we know that 3 + 6 = 9 we also know that 13 + 6 = 19 and that 3 + 16 = 19. Here are some questions to practice.
During topic, we had great fun going on a Columbus treasure hunt, searching for missing clues about him and piecing together the timeline of his life.
- Review spelling rules for adding -ing to the end of words. Can you explain the three rules below to someone at home?
bat > batting, slide > sliding, want > wanting.
- More adventure stories based on a lovely little boat…
- Columbus quiz, reviewing what we’ve learned during our topic.
- ‘Walk to school week’ – as a school we are encouraging our community to walk wherever possible. How many days can you walk to school or ‘park and stride?!’
- Family Friday on 20th October 8.30 – 9.15 – an opportunity for your child to share their learning with you. We warmly invite you to come along to celebrate their learning achievements so far this year and think together about next steps.
- Apologies to Swifts class who had to cancel their Snuggle with a Story. We are looking at other dates and will keep you posted.
Have a very relaxing weekend everyone.